Luminary United Methodist Church seeks a part-time audio visual technician.
1. Knowledge and experience with current and up-to-date audiovisual equipment and technologies, or willingness to quickly self-train.
2. Experience with operating computers to perform several different applications that could be useful to creating information, sound, and visuals for in-house worship, website content, and social media (e.g. facebook and Youtube).
3. Experience with video production including operation of cameras and video editing
4. Able to work with experienced volunteers and train novice volunteers in a church environment
5. Must be able to able to work in a rapidly changing environment with multiple priorities
Hours: Eight (8) hours per week with presence required during Sunday worship. Requires some evening and weekend work to support various events and functions especially during the Easter and Christmas seasons and any other special events
Principle Duties include:
- Be present Sunday mornings prior to and throughout services to perform A/V work as needed together with trained volunteers
- Help church leaders evaluate feasibility of live streaming services, provide technical support and expertise if we decide to move forward with this possibility
- Make recommendations for changes/enhancements to the current A/V equipment to further our mission and ministries
- Oversee installation and operation of recommended A/V equipment for in-house worship and on-line meetings or live-streaming as funding becomes available
- Provide weekly coordination of volunteers, providing training as needed on: (1.) soundboard operation, (2.) camera operation, (3.) Computer worship support software, (4.) on-line meeting software, and (5.) live-streaming software and hardware
- Interface with outside professionals (or qualified church members) to maintain, service, repair all A/V equipment
- Arrange for (or perform) security backup of computer as needed
- Work with worship leaders to set policies for A/V equipment operation and usage
Pay: $12.00 – $14.00 per hour
To be considered for this position, you may either send a paper copy of your resume to Luminary United Methodist Church, ATTN: HR Team, 3401 River Road, Ten Mile, TN 37880 or email an electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “audio visual technician job”.
Anyone interested in this position should submit their resume by July 10th, 2020.